Tuesday, November 29, 2016

peaceful parenting and oils

These days, when there's trouble with the kids, I'm learning to go straight to the diffuser. 

Citrus oils can't make anyone bounce out of bed and get dressed... but they can sure make it easier. 

Cedarwood can't make anyone treat their siblings with warmth and affection... but it can sure make it easier.

Lavender can't make anyone calm down at bedtime... or maybe it can? The point is, I can't control my kids behavior, but I can support them in doing well.

Nine times out of ten, that's enough.

Not always, mind you. Willful sin is a thing, after all. 

But it's not usually the main thing, and it's never the only thing.

Most of the time, my kids want to do well, and things turn around when I take small steps to make that easier for them. 

And on those rare occasions when it really does just boil down to plain old sin? Then we need all the help we can get. 

As the fragrant mist shifts our moods, I'm reminded to take account of our flesh. Doing well takes more than willpower: it requires humble, prayerful planning. 






No comments:

Post a Comment